Wednesday, March 29, 2006

No, separated by ear piercing shrieks

Okay, the morning screed. One of my biggest pet peeves, one that I unfortunately encounter on average 2-4 times/week:

People call and ask for my employer's web site. I say wwwdotthiscompanydotcom. Really, it's that simple. There are 2 easily recognizable words that make up the web site. Nearly half the time the response is "Is that all one word?". I know I'm probably being unfair, but Christ, it is 2006. We all have a fairly firm understanding of web addresses at this point. All one word versus multiple words with random spaces that I'm not telling them about? Dashes and dots that I neglect to mention?

What I need here is a "Snappy Comeback for Stupid Questions". Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Wisdom Weasel said...

You could adopt a rumbling voice of doom and say "There is but one word, and it is the word of GOD" then trigger a thunder sound effect.

I don't know if it is snappy but it would certainly get you a reputation.

Clockwatcher said...

I'm not sure I need to add to my present reputation, but....wait, what am I saying? That might be just what I need to get fired!