Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Play in One Act

idiot woman on phone: i need a(n) order for wednesday
me: today is wednesday. do you mean next wednesday?
iw: no this wednesday.
me: that's today. do you need something messengered over today?
iw: no, WEDNESDAY!
me: today is wednesday. wednesday nov. 2nd.
iw: oh. then tomorrow i guess.
me: what can i get you?
iw: a round table.
me: what size?
iw: you know, whatever's normal.
me: how many people do you need to seat?
iw: 150.
me: how many at each table?
iw: i don't know. (aside to her idiot co-worker)--what size table?
iw: 140
me: 140 what?
iw: 140 inches
me: we don't make an 11 1/2 foot round table.
iw: can i talk to someone else?
me: of course!

she proceeds to torture 2 others in my department with her relentless stupidity.

1 comment:

GP said...

In the film version of your play can I be the 2nd office worker to get the caller?