Saturday, April 15, 2006

Big Rock Candy Mountain

Last weekend I tried to write up this entry and the computer just flat out died while I was writing (before I had saved). Boo.

I was having a conversation the other day with a friend of mine about rock and roll crushes we had had in our lives. I mean our mothers had Elvis and The Beatles. And our grandmothers had.....who the heck did our grandmothers have? I need to ask my grandma who she had a crush on. I wonder if it's going to be like Hank Williams or something? I doubt it because she doesn't really like scrawny men. Anyway....

Big Rock Crushes:

John Doe of X: Oh boy. My senior year of high school, there was nothing cooler than John Doe and Exene Cervenka. Actually still isn't to me.

Bill Swan of Beulah: I love this picture. Not only is he dreamy as usual, Youthlarge herself is the lovely lass belting something out beside him. And courtesy of YL and Mary Larry I actually got to meet him the night of their last ever show, held at Castle Clinton. Later in a bar I got introduced to him by Mary. It went like this:

Him: Nice to meet you.
Me: Daaar. tee hee.
My Husband: We're going.

Bob Pollard of GBV: I don't know that I have any good explanation for this. Cause I'm from Ohio? I dunno.

Dave Grohl: Maybe someday liking him will peg you as a "woman of a certain age". Unless I'm way off and it already does.

No comments: