Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It's a Lonely Planet

So due to a recent stroke of familial luck, the husband and I are finally going to have the opportunity to take a honeymoon (2 years after the wedding........is there a statute of limitations?). Now we just have to decide where to go in the middle of January. My instincts are pushing me towards Thailand. Someplace exotic, warm, friendly and cheap. The added bonus of Thailand is the potential for an extended layover visiting friends in Hawaii, essentially cutting the travel time spent waiting to throw a blood clot in half. Lonely Planet has pointed us to some compelling options, but I really seem have Thailand on the brain. Argentina is still in the running though. Nothing like a collapsed economy to pique our interest.

2 comments:

John Deckard said...

Went to Thailand October/November of last year and all i want to do is go back. Definitely worth it. As my best friend said "Thailand is the 5-star hotel of the Third World". Very inexpensive and very cool.

FYI - Lonely Planet is the default guide for most journeys, but I found much better and more up-to-date information with Rough Guide and Footprint travel guides.

Clockwatcher said...

Thanks, I'll check those out.