Sunday, March 02, 2008

petkeeping

I don't know what brought this up, but Jamie and I saw something yesterday that reminded us of a show we used to love called Petkeeping with Mark Morron. It used to be on Saturday mornings and he was known for his Lon Gisland accent and that he had 15-20 different species crawling all over each other on his set. He had a gigantic Flemish rabbit named Harvey. One of the reasons we loved to watch his show was that he showcased animals that were not just cats and dogs, namely rats. He was a great champion of the rat. Here is an old clip of him talking about reindeer, using Harvey as his prop.

2 comments:

jordi said...

Martha used to have him on her show too. I think she bankrolled his show. I read something about him not long ago, but I can't remember where.. old age.

Clockwatcher said...

Yes Jordy, he was part of Martha's empire. I read somewhere that his exotic bird store in Long Island was broken into and they stole $60,000 worth of birds. yikes.