Saturday, August 11, 2007

squealing on the inside

The celebrity sightings at my job are pretty much daily. At least once a week I learn firsthand which celebrity is an adult child of an alcoholic or only reads self-help books or loves books on cd for her many road trips, etc. Other than noting who is exceedingly nice, normal, weird, old looking or pretty, I don't really feel phased by seeing any particular celebrity. Until now.

Yesterday I made disturbingly intense eye contact with a very tall curly haired guy. It was for a moment as if all time stopped and all sense of politeness disappeared because I didn't even try to stop staring. I was mostly staring because I knew that I knew and loved this guy, but couldn't immediately place him. But then, I got it!
It was Wayne Wilcox aka Marty from Gilmore Girls!!!! Holy crap! Marty, you were robbed. I mean, Lucy was nice and all, but she was no Rory. Nice guys finish last indeed.













3 comments:

Wisdom Weasel said...

God! He looks like John Meyer after a haircut.

Not many celebs in public in Maine, although Judd Nelson is from Portland.

planbreaker said...

i think you are the only other person i know who loves Marty. He should've stuck around instead of Logan the first time around.

Clockwatcher said...

I had a soft spot for Logan at one point, but Apes capital H hated him. But, aahhh Marty.