Tuesday, May 08, 2007

melty, sweet vanilla bean-y goodness

Just had my tastebuds blown by the vanilla bean dome cookies at City Bakery. I work in the neighborhood and have staved off my desire to go there multiple times a week. But today I gave in and at 3 for a dollar, they are by far the cheapest, most delicious way to satisfy a sweet tooth. With a super short dough, they practically dissolved in my mouth. Does anyone have the recipe? Also, what else comes highly recommended there? I've had the vegan cookies they make over at Build a Green Bakery on the east side and they are surprising delicious.
What about the full fat, full butter bovine-y goods?

2 comments:

jamie said...

i'm not sure that the stuff at the Green Bakery is vegan - i think it's just all organic, but more or less the same as what they serve at the original. unless they have both vegan/non-vegan options.

Clockwatcher said...

They do have vegan options. They also sell those vegan options at city bakery. they aren't terrible, but they also aren't necessary.